Choose Ad Source
Use the instructions below to select the source the ads you display come from.
Choose Ad Source
- From the Applications and Sites tab on the Dashboard, click an existing App or Site to open the placements associated with it. Then click a placement name to open the Monetization Dashboard. Once in the Monetization Dashboard, you can jump to additional placements using the left hand sidebar.
- Click the blue plus sign next to create an Ad source.
- Select the Ad source type from the dropdown.
Oath Ad Platforms SSP - a programmatic exchange, hosting more than 200 advertisers platforms looking to buy your inventory.
Ad Network - A third-party advertising partner you connect to through SSP.
Test Ad Source - A way to test your integration. You will receive a stock creative from the SSP. Note: this tag does not cause ad revenue to be attributed, but you are guaranteed a 100% fill rate.
- Name the Ad Source and enter the desired Floor Price. An Ad source window will open.
Note: To test ad placements, select Test Ad Source from the Add Ad Source dropdown. The Test Ad Source will fill at 100% and should be un-deployed once testing is complete. To un-deploy, drag Test Ad Source to the Unassigned column. See the Testing Your Placement’s Integration Document for more details.
- Specify Ad Source Details using the Tabs on the Ad Source dashboard. The SSP has four tabs; Creative, Targeting, Bidders and Blocking. Other Ad Sources display tabs only for the supported features.
- Creative Tab - used to select or change the ad size and auto-expansion options. Ad Size can be inherited from what was defined in the placement, or defined explicitly here. More detail on Creative Tab.
- Targeting Tab - used to select target markets geographically (by country, territory or specific location), choose which device operating systems will be allowed or disallowed, and select whether wifi or internet carriers are allowed. Choose to target all countries or implement country-level geo-targeting or block specific countries. Targeting or blocking of specific devices, OS versions, Wi-Fi, and carriers is also done on this tab. More detail on Targeting.
Tip: If you have a diverse geoprofile, we recommend creating two demand sources with separate floors - one for Major Markets (such as USA, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, etc.) and one for ROW (the rest of the world). This will allow you to geographically optimize yield.
- Bidders Tab - use to select which DSPs can bid on your inventory; allow or block groups of bidders or specific single advertisers bidding on your inventory. Choose to allow all bidders or select specific bidders (also known as a Whitelist) by selecting the appropriate button. Find more detailed information on Bidder Groups here.
- To allow all bidders, select Allow All Bidders.
- To allow access to only specific DSPs, click on Select Specific Bidders and select Allow from the dropdown. To individually add bidders start typing a bidder’s name in the Search Bar and click on the bidder to add it. Add additional bidders as needed and click Save. Note: Bidders may be blocked as a group rather than individually. Blocking advertisers using the group method allows for a one-time change in the group that propagates to all of the ad sources assigned that group.
- Block specific bidders from bidding on your inventory by clicking Select Specific Bidders. Select Block from the dropdown. Use the Search to locate and select bidders to block. Click Save once you’ve finished selecting bidders. Note: We recommend using this block functionality over the "allow/whitelist" as it is more specific and allows new DSPs maximum access to your inventory.
- Blocking Tab - use this tab to select default Bidder Groups, as well as categories and individual domains to block from bidding. Click Select Groups and select the group from the available list. You can also choose to block additional categories or domains from bidding on this ad source. See more information on Blocking Advertisers here.
Note: Create a copy of any demand source by selecting the three dots next to it and selecting Copy from the dropdown. Then choose the Site or App and Placement to copy the demand source into and edit the attributes.