Tax Information FAQs

You may have to pay taxes on your ONE by AOL: Mobile earnings. The exact regulations vary by contracting entity. It is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the appropriate tax rules.

Why do I have to provide my tax information as part of my account setup?

ONE by AOL: Mobile, by IRS mandate, must obtain current and accurate US tax forms and keep them on file for all publishers. ONE by AOL: Mobile makes certain payments for the purposes of complying with US tax reporting requirements. Either a completed Form W-9 (for US persons) or W-8 (for non-US persons) will be required in this regard.

Does ONE by AOL: Mobile record transactions?

We record all transactions for tax purposes, however, we do not withhold funds. If you have earned more than $600 USD from us during the current tax year, we will send you a 1099 form at the end of the year.

I am a US citizen. What tax form should I fill out?

U.S. citizens are required to file a Form W-9. Please select W9 as your filing status  on ONE by AOL: Mobile.

  • A U.S. person includes a U.S. citizen or resident alien, a partnership, corporation, company or association created or organized in the U.S, and other entities defined on the Form W-9 instructions.
  • The name or business name that you provide on the Form W-9 should allow us to associate the W-9 to the name we have on file for you or that to which we make payments. The W-9 instructions further indicate that the name on line one of the tax form should match the name as shown on your U.S. income tax return and be the name associated with the tax identification number you provide on the W-9.
  • For Form W-9 and instructions, please visit webpage,


I am not a US citizen. What tax form should I fill out?

Non US individuals, corporations, partnerships, or companies are required to submit a U.S. Activities Declaration: International W-8BEN.  Please select W-8BEN as your filing status on ONE by AOL: Mobile.


I am part of a foreign partnership or pass through entity. What tax form should I fill out?

Foreign partnership or pass-through entities (whole or in part) are required to submit an International W-8ECI form. Please select W-8ECI as your filing status  on ONE by AOL: Mobile.

Have more questions? Submit a request