Tax Information FAQs
You may have to pay taxes on your Oath Ad Platforms SSP earnings. The exact regulations vary by contracting entity and your location. It is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the appropriate tax rules.
Why must I provide my tax information as part of my account setup?
Oath Ad Platforms SSP is mandated by the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to obtain current and accurate US tax forms and keep them on file for all publishers. SSP makes monetary payments for the purposes of complying with US tax reporting requirements. Either a completed Form W-9 (for US persons) or W-8 (for non-US persons) is required for all accounts.
Does Oath Ad Platforms SSP record transactions?
Yes, we record all transactions for tax purposes, however, we do not withhold funds. If you have earned more than $600 USD from us during the current tax year, we will send you a 1099 form at the end of the year.
I am a US citizen. What tax form should I fill out?
U.S. citizens are required to file a Form W-9. Please select W9 as your filing status when setting up your SSP account.
- A U.S. person includes a U.S. citizen or resident alien, a partnership, corporation, company or association created or organized in the U.S, and other entities defined on the Form W-9 instructions.
- The name or business name that you provide on the Form W-9 should allow us to associate the W-9 to the name we have on file for you or that to which we make payments. The W-9 instructions further indicate that the name on line one of the tax form should match the name as shown on your U.S. income tax return and be the name associated with the tax identification number you provide on the W-9.
- Find Form W-9 and instructions on the IRS website.
I am not a US citizen. What tax form should I fill out?
Non US individuals, corporations, partnerships, or companies are required to submit a U.S. Activities Declaration: International W-8BEN. Please select W-8BEN as your filing status when setting up your SSP account.
- Find Form W-8BEN and instructions on the IRS website.
I am part of a foreign partnership or pass through entity. What tax form should I fill out?
Foreign partnership or pass-through entities (whole or in part) are required to submit an International W-8ECI form. Please select W-8ECI as your filing status when setting up your SSP account.
- Find Form W-8ECI and instructions on the IRS website.